We are now seeking someone to take on the role of New Product Development Manager, to be accountable for the development of new and existing products to enable Omega PLC to be the leader in the kitchen market. Reporting to the Purchasing and Operations Director the successful applicant will be a member of the senior leadership team and will be accountable for achieving set revenue objectives. Proven project leadership and management capabilities and an excellent understanding of the KBB sector are essential.
- Proactively lead and project manage all aspects of the process used to design create and introduce new products, streamlining the process to reduce time to launch new product. Lead and develop the cross functional NPD project team
- Ensure that Omega’s product ranges are continually updated in line or ahead of industry trends and developments to lead the market. Keep abreast of market conditions, fashion trends, new designs, user behaviour, innovations, raw material and technical developments.
- Implement a recognised project management system involving the relevant stakeholders.
- Identify and manage risks to ensure projects get delivered on time, on budget and with a full review process for continuous improvement.
- Ensure that the construction and technical aspects of the company’s products are continually updated in line with supplier developments and own manufacturing capabilities and competitor ranges.
- Monitor range sales and discontinue products managing the ‘product life cycles’ and obsolescence in all Omega brands.
- Prepare and initiate design specification packages to be given to the Technical team.
- Develop with Finance the pricing strategy for new products based on market conditions and margin requirements
- Line Manage the Product Designer
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and attributes and a background in the kitchen or furniture industry is highly preferable: -
· Educated to a relevant degree level or professional qualification
· Proven project leadership and project management capabilities. Project management training/qualification preferred
· Demonstrable experience of delivering successful products to market and executing proven processes for the full product lifecycle
· Ability to monitor and control budgets
· Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks. Able to multi-task and manage changing priorities
· Commercially astute, numerate. An analytical thinker able to make objective decisions
· Knowledge of kitchen manufacturing methods
· Able to use Microsoft Office products, including Excel at intermediate level
· Excellent problem solving, negotiation and influencing skills
· Clear, strong communication and presentation skills
· Full driving licence without excessive points. Must be willing and able to travel overseas on occasions
Applicants should submit their CV and covering letter including details of current or latest salary details/package to the HR Department ASAP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.