Carries out a wide range of duties involving the receipt, transportation, picking and replenishment of goods within the Warehouse department. Also unloading and loading of vehicles across a number of shift patterns. Hourly rate £10.04.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects palletised products from the Production department, ensuring that the correct put-away document is put on each pallet.
- Uses a stretch-wrapping machine to wrap pallets prior to putting away into bulk locations within the racking, if required.
- Uses a hand-held scanner to identify the correct location and puts product away.
- Removes bulk product from racking and transfer to correct pick face.
- Performs physical checks to ensure that both the product and the locations are correct.
- Prioritises between put-aways and replenishments according to their relative urgencies.
- Ensures that delivery vehicles are clean prior to loading, reporting any dirty vehicles.
- Ensures that any returned product and relevant documentation are taken to the designated Returns Area.
- Loads orders efficiently and in the correct sequence in accordance with the manifest. Loads full pallets using a stand-and-ride fork truck.
- Ensures that all product is loaded safely and without damage and is properly secured to prevent damage in transit.
- Liaises with staff from the Transport Company regarding the shunting of vehicles in the yard, and the completion and stability of each load.
- Off-load products from vehicles delivered by third-party suppliers, and after checking the delivery for the correct specification and quantity, ensures that the relevant documentation is signed and passed on to the Warehouse Administrator.
- Reports any shortages and damages immediately.
- Picks product, either individual items for additional/remedial orders, or full palletised kitchens.
- Uses an order picking truck and follows the instructions on a truck mounted electronic data terminal.
- Picks product required for the production of rigid built kitchen units.
- Picks primed product for painting, both made to order and painted to stock.
- Picks raw material doors for RTA drilling in production.
- To work in the marshalling area checking individual units coming off the assembly line, marshalling all the units and fascia required per customer order, and transporting full orders to the holding lanes within the Warehouse.
- Reports shortages or damages immediately.
- Checks fork lift trucks used on a daily basis in accordance with company procedures, ensuring batteries are topped up and reporting any defects.
- Works as part of a team to load to ensure work is carried out as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Maintains housekeeping to company standards.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, including all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Must be flexible, and willing and able to work in other areas/roles, and participate in any additional necessary training in order to allow them to do so.
- Conducts physical inventory counts when required to do so.
Applicants should submit their CV and covering letter to the HR Department at email@example.com ASAP.